We are pleased to announce that our school has enrolled with HELPme, by STOPit Solutions. HELPme is a technology platform to assist students, parents, and staff in asking for and privately accessing a wide variety of help and resources.
Our aim with HELPme is to provide:
· Private access to basic needs resources,
· Convenient linkage to school, community, local, state, and federal resources and helplines,
· A culture that recognizes that all of us need help at different points in our life and asking for help is an important life skill.
HELPme is a tool that works by empowering students, parents, and staff to access help they need with dignity and privacy. All parties will have access to the HELPme mobile app, which has three main features:
1. GET HELP can be used to anonymously request help from local school contacts, including Messenger which allows anonymous two-way communication between school contacts and help requesters.
2. CRISISTEXTLINE can be access directly from the app to text with non-local trained crisis counselors
3. GET RESOURCES can be used to search community, local, state, and federal resources and helplines
No personal information is needed to use HELPme. The only way personally identifiable information will be accessible through HELPme is if a requester voluntarily includes it within the content of a request or message.
Please note that we will be launching HELPme on December 5, 2022. At that time, your child will be invited to download the HELPme app from the app store on his or her smartphone or tablet at no charge.
We encourage you to download the HELPme app and search for your student’s school using the directory. You can privately ask for help for your student, family, others you care about, or even acquaintances who appear to need help. For a video on how to use HELPme, go to: https://stopit.vids.io/videos/799edcb21410eecdf0/helpme-parent-video
Together, we can make sure everyone in our community gets what they need to thrive.